I found this vintage postcard of Jackson Lake Lodge, a hotel we visited (and adored) last year, in a California antiques shop. I'm considering framing it.
Here's why:
1. Periodness of it enthralls.
2. Highly orange, deeply nubbily couches upon shag-like avocado rug.
3. Hairsprayed updo of lady by gigantic driftwood sculpture in center.
4. Grand Tetons looming, in the special way they do, out window.
5. That the lobby, called the "guest lounge" on the card, hasn't changed all that much. Jackson Lake Lodge feels like a sleek, mid-century modern hotel designed by someone who had grown up in a rustic cabin near a crystalline alpine lake. United Nations meets National Parks. Agog-ness overtook me. I loved it.

Detail. Oh, that driftwood centerpiece is something all right:

During our recent visit to Jackson Lake Lodge, we snacked in the retro-licious Pioneer Grill, which is *all* lunch counter. Mind blown? Mine was, because I had long dreamt of an all-lunch-counter restaurant but never dared to hope one really existed. You too? I had no idea!
Once seated, we tucked into the chocolate-dipped "World-Famous Teton Treat" while perched on our oh-so-1950s stools. Crumbly deliciousness. And much easier to digest than the real Grand Tetons. I guess? Not that I've tried...